Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Registerfly is my domain name registar. I had no big complaints with them until recently when their website became very sluggish and unresponsive. I wanted try out a different domain name registar because I was hearing good things about one in particular.

When one of my domains names was about to expire, I initiated a domain name transfer process. Being my first transfer, I was rather clumsy at it. I got started on the whole thing very close to the expiration deadline and thereby having the domain expire before the transfer completed.

When I confirmed with the new registar that I need to renew my domain name before proceeding with the transfer, I ordered a renewal with Registerfly. The renewal order falied for unspecified reasons.

Naturally, I attempted to contact Registerfly through their support system. This was two days later. (It has been a week. I have yet to receive a response.) Later on the same day, my credit card was charged the renewal fee by Registerfly. Seeing an email about the charge, I assumed that Registerfly renewed the domain.

They hadn't. So I contacted them again and yet again. I'm waiting for their response. I really do hope this turns out well.

On a brighter note, Registerfly's website seems more responsive now - meaning that it no longer takes me two minutes to load a page.

No comments: